zaterdag 16 januari 2016

January List #2

Hi!
For week 2 of my january lists, I will range my top 5 books! You might or might not know them... But they're definitely my favorites!

1. Harry Potter
2. Ruby Red
3. The Hunger Games
4. The Selection & Touching Juliette series
5. Silber

5. Silber
This book is one of the two I added to my favorites written by Kerstin Gier. She's a German author and she writes so good! (I of course read the book in Dutch ;) ) She has this funny style of writing that I really enjoy to read. Silber is about a girl, Olivia, who moves to London with her sister and her mother. She has to move in with her mothers new lover and his twins, Grayson and Florence. While she's there her dreams get weirder and she discovers a way to control her dreams...

Favorite Character: Mia (Olivia's sister)

                                                                     

4. The Selection & Touching Juliette series

I placed these two on the same number because I just couldn't figure out which one was better! The Selection is about a girl, America, and she's (obviously) joining The Selection. The Selection is a competition were girls are competing to win Prince Maxons heart. One problem: America is in love with someone else... I also did a BookLook (review) about this book in Dutch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5Uv0KZ74E

Favorite Character: Marlee

Touching Juliette is a book series. The first book is called Shatter Me, from Tahereh Mafi. I absolutely adore the fantasy in this book. It's about Juliette, and she is locked up in a dark, small room because she killed someone. The thing is, she didn't mean to, but when someone touches her, they die. And then one day she gets a visitor, who has to stay with her in the room.

Favorite Character: Warner (if you've only read the first book you will be mad at me for liking him, but trust me. Now he's my fav :)

                                     

3. The Hunger Games

Well... These books have taken over my entire life. A friend of mine recommended this book and I'm glad they did. I think everyone might have already seen the movies and read the books, but I just had to include them. For you who lived under a rock: The Hunger Games is about a girl named Katniss. She lives in Panem, were every year a Hunger Games is being done. Every year 12 boys and 12 girls from all the 12 districts participate and fight until one remains alive. Katniss' sister has to participate, but Katniss volunteers to go instead of her.

Favorite Character: Prim
                                                                        

2. Ruby Red

This book is one of my new obsessions. (Again from Kerstin Gier) There are 3 books: Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green. I still need to read the last book, which I'm so excited about, but I loved reading the first two books already. So, Ruby Red is about a girl named Gwendolyn, in her family a time travel gene has been passed over the years. They say her niece Charlotte owns it, but she finds out it isn't Charlotte... It's her! (I might do a better review on this later, together with the movies!)

Favorite Character: Gwendolyn (I think this writer really makes you fall in love with the main character so much you just can't let her go)

                                                                         
                                                                       This is the Dutch cover

1. Harry Potter

*drum roll* And now my number one! (The chosen one, haha) Harry Potter! (Well, you must have already seen it at the beginning of this post but oh well...) Harry Potter is my absolute favorite! I read the whole series in one year and am a big fan of the movies. I love how J.K. Rowling managed to get so much depth in these series and so much mysteries and characters... Magical!

Favorite Character: Hermoine Granger

                                                                             

I hope you liked this weeks January List and I would love to know what your favorite book is!




Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie plaatsen

Leuk dat je op mijn blog kijkt! En heel lief als je een berichtje achterlaat!