Monday 16 September 2019

my summer reads ☼



Let's talk about books!! On goodreads I set myself a challenge: read 19 books in 2019. That's never going to happen in the last 4 months, because so far I've only read 8 books. The goal a way to stimulate myself to read more often, so I'll just try to get as far as possible. This summer I read three books - three really different books - that I wanted to give a little review on! 




percy jackson the last olympian

author: rick riordan
main characters: percy jackson, annabeth
genre: greek mythology, fiction fantasy
quotes:
"It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one." - Percy

opinion: I really enjoyed reading the Percy Jackson series, Rick Riordan's writing style is so funny and it has something casual that I really like. This book had the same vibe, but I didn't love it as much as the other books unfortunately. It was, however, a satisfying ending to the story!

rating ★★★☆☆

gone

author: michael grant
main characters: Sam, Astrid, Diana
genre: young adult, dystopian fiction
opinion: What I really enjoyed about this book was the concept and all the different characters. I liked the switch in POV's, but in my opinion the story was langdradig & I was kind of sad that this book had an open ending. It also didn't leave me wanting to read the rest of the series. 

rating ★☆☆☆☆


the perks of being a wallflower

author: stephen chbosky
main characters: charlie, sam, patrick
genre: young adult
when: i read it on holiday in malaysia in two days time!!
quotes:
"And I think they knew. Not anything specific really. They just knew. And that's all you can ever ask from a friend." - Charlie

"You have to do things. Like take their hands when the slow song comes up for a change. Or be the one who asks someone for a date. Or tell people what you need." - Sam

"We were just there together, and that was enough." - Charlie

opinion: I absorbed the contents of this book within two days because I loved it so much. Charlie became a real person to me and I could relate to so many things he said. It's such a raw and real story with so many truths about life and being a teenager and becoming an adult but most of all just becoming and living. This definitely is one of my favorite books now.

rating ★★★★★


At the moment I'm reading the Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and I'm absolutely loving it so far (recommendation!!). I was a bit reluctant to start a new book series, but I have no regrets yet! I hope I can keep it up to read now school has started again...

What is the last book you read?



love,
Eva

4 comments :

  1. Nice to see the books you've read. At the moment I'm reading Fandom by Anna Day and I'm loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last book I read was 'volg me' van Sophie Jansen, also a book that is very relatable, but also a bit childish. I still havn't figured out if it was worth the 4 cookies on my bookblog, but ooh well, I've read it out in two days so I guess that counts as a cookie too. :p

    Love how between all the english all of a sudden there was 'langdradig', honestly I don't know the word for that either haha.

    Kindness,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perks of being a wallflower is such a good book! I read it two years ago, but I still remember it vividly.
    This November the first book (Call Down The Hawk) of a serie with Ronan Lynch as main character will be launched. So I hope you will adore the Raven Boys as much as I do, because after that there will be a whole new serie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oeehh klinkt allemaal goed!! the perks of being a wallflower is zooooo goed, ik heb het ook mega snel uitgelezen!! love dit artikel :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog! & it's so sweet of you to leave a message!

01 09 10