Wednesday 18 December 2019

christmas gift guide


The most festive, coziest, food-and-family filled holiday is almost upon us! And whilst there is a Christmas playlist melody playing I am typing up this blogpost. For a lot of people Christmas is the equivalent of gift-giving to the ones we hold most dear. In my family we don't celebrate Christmas with presents, but in Holland we have a tradition at the beginning of December called Sinterklaas. That's when we give presents to each other (& the littles get presents from Sinterklaas), so Christmas is basically about food & fam. But!! That doesn't mean that I don't need ideas for presents...

❄ ❄ ❄

for the artist 

jewelry diy - a trend I've spotted on Pinterest the past weeks are the Polymer Clay earrings. I love them. And why not make them yourself? If you like diy-ing give a personalized set of handcrafted earrings, or give the clay as a present for the crea his/herself!

aquarel set - A travel kit with watercolors is always a good idea. If the gift receiver already has a set, maybe you can find out what colors they would like to add to their collection. In lots of art shops you can buy the little palettes separately!

washi tape - an artist can never have too much washi tape. Enough said, right? At Hema they have beautiful star themed tape which I've been using non-stop since I got them.


for the booklover

brooklyn by colm tóibín - I got this book from a friend and I found it a great and thoughtful gift. It's about an Irish girl traveling to the US to start a new job. A book full of new beginnings. Since I'm having some of those myself, I find such comfort in the book.

little women by louisa may alcott - A classic in a new coat. And more classics have a beautiful cover like this special edition. Beautiful flowers pop up from the front on other books like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

the raven cycle by maggie stiefvater - As you might know I love this series. So I highly recommend giving it to your YA, fantasy-loving friend or family member.



for the interior designer

starry starry banner - If you love stars and banners: this is the perfect gift to ask or to give to someone who loves it just as much. I must say you can't go wrong with this one ;)

poster / art prints - This christmas, maybe consider shopping small. Take a look on Etsy to find an art print from your favourite artist on instagram to give as a gift to yourself or others! Or look for a vintage movie poster of their favourite film!

calendar - Every year I buy a new calendar, even though I don't really use it a lot. It's a nice thing to decorate some white walls with! The calendar on the picture is my 2020 calendar, from Sostrene Grene.


for the dearest

ring - Jewelry is something I always forget is a great gift for friends or family. My mom gifted me this ring from Artesia and I can't stop looking at my hand (with the ring on it).



I hope this (bit of a last minute) gift guide gave you some inspiration. Good luck in this last few days of school or work. I hope you have a great Christmas next week with lots of happy smiles and laughter! 


love,
eva

3 comments :

  1. oeehh the pictures are so pretty!! just like the ring, wow!!! lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm in love with that ring! It's so elegant yet simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've put all the books on my tbr, they look so cute! And omg how cute are all this pictures and ideas? Since I love most of them, I feel like I'm a bit of everyone HAHA.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog! & it's so sweet of you to leave a message!

01 09 10